Apple devices receive code 400 on images from gallery

03-06-2018 09:12 AM
EmilyBartee2
New Contributor III

Yesterday we had a training for our damage assessment app and, quite literally, iPhone users began having problems all at once when uploading photos they had already taken from their iPhone gallery.  A user had already completed two training surveys with images from his gallery and he started receiving the Code 400 error on his third survey.  After that, other iPhone users started receiving the Code 400 error when accessing photos from their gallery.  This started happening around 10:45 yesterday morning - not sure if there was an update or something at that time. 

Android and computer users do not have a problem.  On the apple devices, photos can still taken or added from folders other than the camera gallery - we found a work around of taking screen shots of the photos already taken and then adding the photos from the screenshot folder instead of the gallery folder.

Any idea what is causing this?  The survey is a public survey and it is training but we have an identical survey to it which is the real world survey.  We are currently in the middle of a disaster and performing damage assessments daily - any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Emily,

What version of Survey123 field app are the users using?

Can you provide more information about if you are using AGOL or Portal, if so what version? Also details about the feature service you are submitting to, such as sharing and permission settings and attachment settings. You mentioned it is a public survey?

Also, what iPhone models and iOS versions were the issues encountered on?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
EmilyBartee2
New Contributor III

Hi Phil!  Thank you for your response.  The users had just installed it on their phone and they were using 2.6.9.   For this survey they are using AGOL.  The permission settings have not changed on the survey but it is shared publicly.  I've attached a screenshot of the sharing settings as well - everyone can edit anything available.

The problems were reported on 7 and 8 for the iPhone.

If you have any more questions please let me know and I'll answer them.  Thank you!Shared Settings on Training Survey

0 Kudos