Select to view content in your preferred language

Append data AND Attachments to new Survey123 survey feature service

07-17-2020 12:01 PM
LeonardBarnhill
Occasional Contributor

Good afternoon, After following the guidance provided in the document How To: Append data to a Survey123 for ArcGIS survey from existing survey with related tables ... twice... the individual rows of data are added but no attachments are included.  I downloaded from two existing surveys, merged in ArcGIS Pro, disabled editor tracking in both the geodatabase and in the feature service, zipped the file geodatabase, and ran the append but no attachments.

Is there a newer process than the one referenced that works?

Assistance needed today if possible!

Leonard

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

This might be better addressed with ArcGIS Pro‌ .  The attachment keyword functionality is present in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 hosted services and can be optionally enabled in a 10.8.1 enterprise geodatabase.

0 Kudos
ryanEvanczyk
Occasional Contributor

@JamesTedrick 

My survey has two image (signatures) attachments for each record. With the above syntax both are displayed in the same space. What syntax will separate each into it's respective place - the first signature is mid survey and the second is at the end. The one field is named form_patsign and the other is form_ptsign.

Thanks,

RyanE

0 Kudos
ryanEvanczyk
Occasional Contributor

@JamesTedrick 

Is there anyway to do this without ArcGIS Pro? My organization doesn't have a license.

Cheers,

RyanE

0 Kudos
ryanEvanczyk
Occasional Contributor

@JamesTedrick

In trying to append old data to a new survey the attachments went missing.

I published a new version of a survey and then appended the data from the old version into the new version in AGOL. However, the attachments were not included in the append. I downloaded a trial version of pro and logged into my organization's content portal. I added the relevant layers to the map from the portal. When I try and run the add attachments tool using the datasets/table from portal I keep getting the "cannot open file" error. The join fields are the globalid.

Both feature layers already have attachments, so the appropriate tables and relationship classes are in place. Both layers have attachments enabled. The globalids match.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple here.

Am I loading the layers the wrong way? Is there a way to import into "my database" and then save/export back to the portal once I've added the attachments? Should I just delete the records that are missing the attachments and then merge the layers? Delete records without attachments and run the append tool as described above? 

Any help/ideas are appreciated!

RyanE

0 Kudos