App Studio upgrade - Survey 123 Font and words scrambled after

Jump to solution
05-02-2021 06:45 AM
MKa
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have an app that I build off the Survey123 template in AppStudio.  After the upgrade to the new version of appstudio 5.0.148.

I upgraded and made builds for both iOS and Android.  Now when I take a survey I get text like this in a number of places.  I have not changed that Survey123 Code.  The xStyle references.  And my font is still Avenir Next LT Pro.

See how all the text is scrambled?

MKa_0-1619963010866.png

However, if I switch the font from Avenir Next LT Pro to Noto Sans in the settings the issues go away, but has survey123 changed its font? But then maybe it just isn't reading the font at all.  It there a new version of the Survey123 Template for app studio that I can maybe get put into AppStudio.  I could at least do a comparison then.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@MKa 

I have the Survey123 template version 3.12 that comes in AppStudio 4.4 and builds it in AppStudio 5.0 with the Avenir Next LT Pro font that comes with Survey123 template, and it is working on my iPhone xR ios 14.5 and Samsung S9 Android 10. Is this only specific to certain devices? 

We are still working on Survey123 template version 3.13 that is based on AppStudio 5.0, so they are not available yet, we will make them available as soon as they are ready. 

With that being said there are a lot of underlying Qt Framework changes between AppStudio 4.4 and AppStudio 5.0, and we expect to have issues using Survey123 3.12 template (AppStudio 4.4 based) in AppStudio 5.0. Our recommendation is to wait for the Survey123 3.13 template to come out that is AppStudio-5.0-compatible. 

Thank you,

Erwin. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@MKa 

I have the Survey123 template version 3.12 that comes in AppStudio 4.4 and builds it in AppStudio 5.0 with the Avenir Next LT Pro font that comes with Survey123 template, and it is working on my iPhone xR ios 14.5 and Samsung S9 Android 10. Is this only specific to certain devices? 

We are still working on Survey123 template version 3.13 that is based on AppStudio 5.0, so they are not available yet, we will make them available as soon as they are ready. 

With that being said there are a lot of underlying Qt Framework changes between AppStudio 4.4 and AppStudio 5.0, and we expect to have issues using Survey123 3.12 template (AppStudio 4.4 based) in AppStudio 5.0. Our recommendation is to wait for the Survey123 3.13 template to come out that is AppStudio-5.0-compatible. 

Thank you,

Erwin. 

0 Kudos
MKa
by
Occasional Contributor III

I had to remove the font in order to get the scrambled/corrupt/glyphs from appearing.  I also had to move my build back to AppStudio 4.  I experienced too many issues with my Survey123 3.12 template code in App Studio 5.  Notably some of the Nested Required Sections/Fields with overlap.  

Thank you for all of your help.  I might post the instructions on building app studio 4 as I had to roll back my build server for a local make.  I could no longer rely on the cloud make for my code until.

0 Kudos