App link callback to Collector

Jump to solution
03-01-2017 09:24 AM
BenNadler
Esri Contributor

I need help implementing the callback function from survey123 to Collector (step 3)

1. User selects app link in Collector feature popup
  2. Survey123 launches with correct survey
  3. When user completes survey, survey123 returns to Collector      

The url scheme I have in Collector is:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=###&field:ASSETID={GLOBALID}&callback=arcgis-collector://

The app link workflow works great up to step 3. When the survey is complete, Survey123 returns to the survey instead of Collector.

What did I miss?

14 Replies
NatashaDakouri-Hild
New Contributor III

FYI I have successfully applied callback using this code in the custom popup of the layer.

&callback=arcgis-collector://?itemID=XXXXX (where itemID is the name of the specific webmap you're using).

I have added this to a list of other parameters that pass extant data in the feature service I'm using into the associated survey form and it works fine.

ChaimSchwartz4
Occasional Contributor

James Tedrick‌ is this now supported? I don't see it in the documentation but just tested and seems to work.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chaim Schwartz‌,

Callback support has partially been implemented (a basic callback=<app>).  That being said, there is more work that needs to be done before we are comfortable stating that there is support for callbacks in Survey123.

JaredCollier1
New Contributor III

James,

I understand that this functionality isn't yet fully supported but...

Using Callback, is there a scheme to differentiate between calling Collector Classic and new Collector?

&callback=arcgis-collector://?itemID=xxxxxxx  pulls up collector classic on my iPad when the survey123 was originally called through URL Scheme in new Collector.  Both apps are installed on my device for the time being.

JC

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jared,

One way to distinguish the 2 versions would be to use https://collector.arcgis.app - the new versions of Collector are configured to use this URL to open the application as well.  Please refer to Deploy your map—ArcGIS Collector | Documentation for more information.

0 Kudos