Anyone else lose their schema in Survey123 connect when a label is left blank (but a hint is there)?

08-14-2019 06:23 AM
KimBaillieul
New Contributor II

Curious if others have noticed this - I had some questions in an older version of connect where the label was blank, but there was a hint for the question. While I would always get a warning in connect, the survey functioned just fine. In fact, it still submits just fine for field users using the 3.3.64 field app version. In a recent update (3.5.166 - for both Survey123 connect and for the field app), the survey stopped working in the following ways:

• schema preview disappears entirely in survey123 connect
  • inability to submit/hit green check box in both connect and field app
  • inability to save drafts (published surveys only in field app)
  • selected() features in relevant fields stopped functioning
  • survey only displayed until the field with no label

I was able to replicate this problem in a different survey.  

As soon as I filled in the label field, everything went back to normal, including the returned schema.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Kim,

Thanks for reporting this. The first 3 columns (type, name and label) are mandatory in the survey worksheet (see Documentation). Previous versions of the app may have handled this by chance (not by design) but it is strange that something has changed in v3.5. I'll look into why this has changed.

Out of curiosity, what is the use case for having a hint but no label for a question? If there is an important use case we could look at the possibility of enabling this in the future through an enhancement.

Brett

0 Kudos