Am I the only one having issues with Survey123 Reports?

Jump to solution
07-09-2018 01:35 PM
CurtisDeVault1
New Contributor III

I setup a report template in Word and successfully exported a report a couple times. I was hoping that with v3.0 that just came out my issues would be resolved...however they remain the same. I have had one that successfully exported. The rest are just stuck at "Printing...100%", below the ones in the screenshot below are ones that have been sitting there for upwards of 4 hours. Also there are no errors that appear. In the previous version Survey123 either told me they failed or when I opened the Word document, they seemed to be corrupt and would not open. Also have not noticed any particular pattern with the fields/data. Curious to see how others have fared with this feature. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anu Sawant‌, Curtis DeVault‌, Kassandra Rodriguez‌ and others who may see the similar error message, 

Just FYI, whatever the input is (single or batch records), "Save result to your account" or not, as long as you see the "print map failed for {question name} {"error":{"code":500..." error message, this means the concurrent limitation of the behind printing service is met. Trying again later may fix the issue. However, there are also some facts currently you may want to know:

• Currently, no matter if there's geopoint question in your survey (published from the web designer or Survey123 Connect), a request will be sent to the backend printing service per record. Hence, the more records you include in one request, the more easier you will see above error message
  • If the generated report exceeds 10MB and you didn't choose to "Save result to your account", you will see the "{"message": "Internal server error"}" error message. This is an independent limitation to the above one, which means you can only see this error after the report has been successfully generated.
  • We are working on both of issues for 3.1 release (planned in mid of October), please staty tuned to our blog

View solution in original post

40 Replies
GISCQG
by
New Contributor III

I am also having an issue with the reporting function. I get the following error when I try to download a report.

{"message": "Internal server error"}
0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

Can you please confirm the following qiesquest?

1. Does the failed task only contain one record to print? 

2. Is the record you try to print contains large image attachment? Such as an image is larger than 5 MB.

3. What will happen if you include the very record in a batch printing task? Such as thet the task may succeeded and when you try to open the report of that featue, you see an broken message of the word document file.

0 Kudos
GISCQG
by
New Contributor III

1. Yes only one record

2. Contains 55 photos each under 250KB

3. Sorry I don't understand this question?

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

We have a current known limitation that if you generate the report directly without saving it to your ArcGIS Online account, the max. report file size cannot exceed 10MB, otherwise, you would see the {"message": "Internal server error"} error message. 

Just turn on the "Save result to your account" option will solve the issue without limitation.

0 Kudos
GISCQG
by
New Contributor III

I should add that this issue only started happening with this new sidebar reporting feature. When it was just the drop down it worked.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Zhifang Wang‌ Can you take a look at this?

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Curtis,

Telling from the screenshot, the feature with object id 35 printed successfully but others (33, 34, 36) failed, would you mind giving another try among these object ids?

If the issue still is the same, can you please help check if there is difference with the field values used by the report template? Such as the object id 35 feature has an image which original file size is small while others have big images, e.g. nearly or exceeds 10MB?

0 Kudos
CurtisDeVault1
New Contributor III

I just tested it on OID36 with the same result, I did not really notice any differences in values when I compared them before I posted here. Although when I logged in this morning, the ones that seemed to get stuck actually now show errors after over 6 hours of trying to print them out. The form collects an initial location and then a second (Found_Location) if certain conditions are met. I'm guessing this is what's causing the issue. 

0 Kudos
ChrisYoung2
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I am having the same problem. This is very frustrating, because I need to get reports printed. At least before the update it would tell me there was an error. It did seem more reliable though. The error I get is for a geopoint which is which is intentional an optional question and not always filled in. How do I allow for such questions in a report? This was working fine a couple of weeks ago.

0 Kudos