all xform formatting breaks when I place a calculation in a Select_one question.

Jump to solution
05-04-2018 02:00 AM
Highlighted
New Contributor III

I was so happy to hear that calculations are supported on select_one questions, but I'm facing a problem in implementing this functionality.  I have a work flow that is using pull data calculations to populate a text field.  Because I have a question later that is a select_one question that is the same data I don't want to ask the end user for the same information again.  I want the select_one question to auto populate.  When I place the calculation "${text}" in the calculation column for the select_one question all of my xform appearance, relevant, and data calculations break.

I can't just skip the select_one question, because the pulldata on the {text} field is dependent on an online workflow and we have many users that don't have internet in their field context, and there is a later question that filters based on the response in the select_one question.  Am I trying to implement a workflow that was not envisioned in the new calculation capabilities in select_one questions or am I typing in the calculation wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lee,

I'm wondering if the appearance type for the select_one question that causes issues is set to 'autocomplete'?  If so, please try to assign a different appearance type, say 'minimal' and see it the functionality of your calculation and relevant's return.

Regards,

Brandon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lee,

I'm wondering if the appearance type for the select_one question that causes issues is set to 'autocomplete'?  If so, please try to assign a different appearance type, say 'minimal' and see it the functionality of your calculation and relevant's return.

Regards,

Brandon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Yes Brandon auto complete is what the appearance is set to.  I'll check if turning that off makes the calculation work.  I have several hundred choices in the pull down so autocomplete is desirable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Brandon,  I took the autocomplete off on the particular select_one questions that have the calculations.  There is still autocomplete on other select_one questions that do not have calculations and it’s working. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for sharing your results, Lee.

At the moment, the autocomplete appearance is not supported with select_one questions, however, we do look to add support for it in the future.  The behavior that you reported is an unintended consequence of applying the autocomplete appearance to a select_one question with a calculation, and it has been entered into our internal backlog for review.  I have gone ahead and added a note regarding your experience.

Regards,

Brandon

0 Kudos