All Files as default for file uploads in Survey 123

07-30-2020 09:13 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When making attachments available in survey 123, the upload dialog box defaults to PDF. Is there an option or workaround to get it to default to All Files?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Gaya,

What version of Survey123 are you using, are you using Connect and field app, or the website and web app?

With the 3.10 release which will be coming out in next few days, we now support the "file" question type, which allows attachments of any type supported by AGO/Enterprise to be attached and uploaded. Please check out 3.10 once released, and let us know if you have any further issues. Prior to 3.10, we did not support file type question in Connect and field app, and only image attachments.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Philip,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I'm using Survey 123 3.9.120 Connect and Web App. I still use the 'file' type with this version but when my users click the add file button, by default the file option in the dialog box is set to 'PDF'. I'm wondering if this is changed to 'All Files' in version 3.10?

Thank you,

Gaya

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Gaya,

Yes, with 3.10 of Connect and web designer, and also using field app and web app, the default is not set to PDF only. In 3.9 and earlier, the file question type for PDF upload only worked in web designer and web app, it was not supported at all connect and field app, however could be used in some cases on some OS platforms if you had created it in the web designer first.

If you are wanting to use file question type and upload any of the supported file types, I would suggest updating to to Connect 3.10 and updating your survey to use just a plain file question with no other parameters set, and it will work as expected.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos