After Survey Completion - View results, Map Viewer, Download

11-09-2015 11:12 AM
JaromHlebasko
Occasional Contributor III

Hello, I recently finished a survey out in the field and am now ready to view the results. I have a couple of questions on just that. I click on the View Results option when I hover over my survey and I am getting inconsistent behavior with viewing the results. The first time I tried to view the results, it gave me an updating progress bar that never loads anything so I have to refresh the browser. My second attempt crashes the view result page (I am using the latest version of Google chrome) and gives me a "Aw Snap" cannot load page. My third attempt in refreshing the browser sometimes loads the results as it should and sometimes gives me another cannot load page. It is very inconsistent with how the results are finally shown.

Another issue that I'm having is how to view the attachments in the Map Viewer. I know the attachments are stored as a related table but I have been unsuccessful in trying to view the attachment in the future pop-up. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

For the third part, I am trying to download every option that is presented to me in the View Results page. I have successfully downloaded every format but the feature collection one. It acts like it wants to download but seems to be in some kind of loop in which I get no results.

Thank you for your time!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jarom:

Issues previewing your Survey results in the map: This is a software defect. We are planning an update to the web site on November 17 to address this. In the meantime, you will need to open the Survey Feature Service in ArcGIS.com. Go into your Contents, then search for your Survey folder, and add the feature service directly into a new map.

Attachments: You should be able to see the attachments as links in your popup in ArcGIS.com. If you do not see the links, try adding the Feature Service into a new Map.

Exports: Please also wait for the November 17 update.

Thanks,

Ismael

0 Kudos
JaromHlebasko

Thank you for the information! I will wait for November 17, 2015 for those updates. I did try using the feature service in a new web map but it still does not allow me to view the attachments. The attachments are actually in a related table and not the feature service itself so I'm not exactly sure if those capabilities are available yet in ArcGIS Online. I did download the Geodatabase which definitely shows the attachments but it would be nice to see them in a web map. If you have any other information that may help, I would greatly appreciate it.

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Jarom,

Is the feature service published from Survey123 Connect? If yes, I am not sure how you configured your XLSForm so that the attachments are part of the related table. However, it's recommended that you enable attachments on the feature service itself due to the following limitation (bug) in ArcGIS Online map viewer.

BUG-000086534 : Photo attachments in a related table are visible in Collector for ArcGIS but invisible when viewing the related records in the ArcGIS Online map viewer.

Our developers are currently working on this issue so that you can view attachments from related tables in map viewer.

I hope this helps!

Fasil T.

0 Kudos
JaromHlebasko

Fasil,

The feature service was published from a survey that I created in Survey123 Connect. I needed the ability to attach more than one photo which is a limitation in the XLSForm so I had to do a workaround with a "repeat" to enable multiple attachments/photos to be taken by the user out in the field. If there is a better way of doing it, please let me know.

I agree to enable attachments on a feature service itself but that is not how it is handled by Survey123 when I published my survey. Enabling it now would not do me any good unless I manually attached all of the photos that were taken.

Thank you,

Jarom

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Jarom,

Like I mentioned, showing attachments stored in a related table in a map viewer is a known limitation for now for ArcGIS Online. I am not sure if this works for you, but I was able to configure my XLSForm like this:

selfie.JPG

And, I was able to see the attachments links in map viewer as the attachments are enabled on the feature service.

pop-up.JPG

Your users out on the field will see this:

Choices.JPG

I hope this helps for now!

Thanks,

Fasil T.

JaromHlebasko

Fasil,

I did juggle around the idea of putting multiple rows for images but did not like the look and feel of the survey. However, now knowing the limitations of related tables and attachments inside of a Web Map, this may have to be the better approach of collecting multiple images for the time being as it adds the attachments directly to the feature service.

Thank you very much for your response!

Jarom

0 Kudos