After creating a new survey from an existing survey, survey123 connect tells me it's already published?

Jump to solution
05-29-2019 08:44 AM
JennyHuang3
New Contributor III

Hi all,

i feel like i've missed a simple step somewhere...but here's the scenario:

Form A is an existing form. On survey123 connect i clicked on the hamburger button on Form A and created a new survey, call it Form B. i changed content of Form B. When clicked "Publish", survey123 connect tells me it's already published. i went ahead with the publish anyway. i checked the app on my phone, went to "Download surveys" page and refreshed (several times). Form B showed up, i downloaded it then went back to "My surveys page". i don't see Form B appear. Form A is still there. I clicked on Form A to collect test data and it's showing Form B content....

Any help is appreciated.

thank you all

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jenny,

Yes, it appears the forward slash is not escaped in creating a new survey; the new survey is created as a folder in the existing survey and has the original name.  I've filed an issue to address this in the future.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Jenny,

By any chance, was form A renamed prior to creating form B?  Could you create a new copy of Form A and see if this occurs again?  If so, could you open the folder of the new form and see if a file with the extension .iteminfo is present?

0 Kudos
JennyHuang3
New Contributor III

Hi James,

No i did not make any changes to Form A. And i've noticed that Form A's "form" that gets saved to AGOL's content became Form B's form (so basically my Form A is no longer functional on the app unless i publish a new one?)

original Form A in AGOL content folder:

- Form A's form

- Form A's hosted feature service

- Form A's _stakeholder hosted FS

after Form B created:

- Form B's form

- Form B's hosted FS

- Form A's hosted feature service

- Form A's _stakeholder hosted FS

to answer your question, there is .iteminfo in the Form A's folder. looks like it's referencing Form A still.

i'm starting to think it's because Form B's title has a forward slash in it ? --> survey123 connect creates a subfolder using the title text that comes after the forward slash and causes the survey to not be properly created (i've tried doing this by creating a complete new survey and removing the slash made the difference). this wasn't the problem before installing the survey123 connect update...if that's not the case, i'd appreciate knowing where i did wrong

thank you so much!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Jenny,

Yes, it appears the forward slash is not escaped in creating a new survey; the new survey is created as a folder in the existing survey and has the original name.  I've filed an issue to address this in the future.