Adding Survey123 signature to Power Automate flow

Jump to solution
03-04-2024 07:29 AM
AshleyPeters
Occasional Contributor III

I have a flow set up in Power Automate following Ismael's Survey123 Tricks of the Trade blog post. I'm trying to modify it a bit so I can include photos from one question and a signature as email attachments in Power Automate. I've basically created two arrays, one for the photos and another for the signature. I've tried feeding those directly into an email, but I get an error with trying to attach the two arrays. I either need to find a way to combine the two arrays into one before I pull them into an email or find a way to embed the signature into the email. If I pull the signature into the email itself, Power Automate sends a separate email with the signature attached.

Has anyone else tried this? I'm fairly new to Power Automate, so my understanding of it is limited.

Thanks for any guidance!

Ashley

0 Kudos
24 Replies
AshleyPeters

@abureaux This process randomly started throwing an error this morning at the create report step in the flow. I've made no changes to it, so I'm not sure why there is suddenly a problem. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
AshleyPeters

Ignore my ask for assistance. Power Automate needed me to refresh my connection to Survey123. Do you know any way for that to really be locked in?

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Unfortunately the token for the Survey123 connector expires every 2 weeks. If your trigger is the "When a survey is submitted" you'll never notice this because the payload contains a token, but if you're using the "Create report" function it needs the connection refreshed. It's super annoying, but Esri is working on updating that (I think I get the impression they're going to be bringing it under the ArcGIS connector which they just recently fixed the token expiration issue on, but we will have to wait and see).

0 Kudos
AshleyPeters

Well, that's good to know, but also yes, super annoying. Thanks for that information!

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Ya, I ended up making a Power Automate flow to track a maintenance list and remind me every 8 days if this connector hasn't been updated. Works well, but seems like so much effort for what should be a non-issue!

0 Kudos