Adding Survey123 Feature Report as Output File to Integromat Workflow

Jump to solution
05-23-2019 07:45 PM
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

Hey, 

So I have Integromat successfully detecting when a survey is submitted, it then sends the data to create a report, which works great, this setup looks like this:

An email is sent which is fine, but what I am having trouble with is working out how to get the outputted report from the Create Feature Report module, and insert this into the attachment field for the GMAIL Send an Email module...

These are the settings I think are working in Create Feature Report:

Then in the GMAIL Send Email module, I am unsure about this, what do I put in the Data field, within the Attachment section?:

Cheers

CC Henry Clark

43 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ben,

To make sure I understand, you have an Integromat workflow triggering on the submission of a Survey123 form, correct? And the workflow generates a feature report, which is then sent to someone (a surveyor) through some means (e-mail, copied to a directory?).  

By 'changes the date format' is this change in the feature report, the data value in the table or somewhere else?  If in the report, does the format not match the format you specify in the report syntax?

By 'renames to my survey' are you meaning the file name, title of the report, or something else?

Can you provide samples of the template and output you are seeing?  You can e-mail me directly at jtedrick AT Esri.com.

0 Kudos
KevinPiraino2
New Contributor III

This is a very interesting workflow that I am thinking about implementing. My understanding of the "Report Template" function within Survey123 is that upon report generation for selected features, credits are consumed to do the processing. My question then is does this workflow consume ArcGIS Online credits? If so has anyone found a workaround in which a PDF or Word Doc report can be generated either using Integromat or Microsoft's Flow/Power Automate that is does not consume either ArcGIS Online credits or doesn't require an additional subscription to a third party API?

0 Kudos
BenVan_Kesteren1

Hi Kevin Piraino

I can only speak with respect to integromat, but I am 95% sure you would be able to produce a workflow triggered by a survey123 form submission, and then manipulate the output using various integromat modules, and spit out an email or the likes, and this would consume zero AGOL Credits. 

The only module in any of my integromat workflows that trigger a consumption of credits is the 'Create Feature Report' module, all the rest come under the free subscriptions.

Cheers

0 Kudos
TedChapin

To those who would like to see this functionality in MS Power Automate, please upvote this:

https://community.esri.com/ideas/17976