Select to view content in your preferred language

Actual Error Message display in Survey123

10-09-2019 07:21 AM
vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor II

I am getting for any error message "Unable to Perform applyEdits operation. An error occurred." unable to complete operation while submitted the survey.

Do we have any mechanism to display actual customize message ? so that field user can understand and take steps further 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Vijay,

The best next step in troubleshooting this is to capture a log file of the attempted submission - if a more detailed error message is provided, it will be recorded there.  See Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation ; you can log to a text file by turning on logging without selecting a console.

0 Kudos
PaulCone2
Occasional Contributor III

James,

Are you suggesting that Vijay turn on logging and then mine the log in order to show the more detailed error to the field user?  If so then how would one go about that?

Paul

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Paul,

Yes, I am suggesting that Vijay turn on logging and then view the log file to see if a more detailed error message is present.  Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation describes how to turn on logging - it is not necessary to actually connect to a console (the logging system will default to a text file).  After logging is turned on, attempt to submit the records so that the error message is generated anew.  After that, I would quite Survey123 and view the log - that is in the <user>/ArcGIS/AppStudio/logs directory.  If on an Android device, you will probably find it in /sdcard/ArcGIS; for iOS devices, you will need to copy the ArcGIS folder from the Survey123 app to a desktop (see the Troubleshoot documentation's instructions for moving data from an iOS device).  The error will be near the end of the file (as it's one of the last things the application did).

0 Kudos