Select to view content in your preferred language

Accidentally deleted a Survey123 field and saved but have not published- can I get my field back?

Jump to solution
03-14-2024 09:32 AM
KeeganBuckley
New Contributor II

Hello ESRI Community, 

I accidentally deleted a field in survey123 and saved the change. I have NOT published the survey yet. Can I revert the survey to the published version after hitting save to bring this accidentally deleted field back?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Hey Keegan,

Yes that sounds like a good idea to me. Provided you keep a backup copy of the data then it should be fine to recreate the field and then resave this. 

With web I don't think you can restore from the published version of a survey so it is handy to check the following documentation to check if planned changes can lead to any loss in data. 

Please give me a shout if you encounter any further issues,

David

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Hey Keegan,

Was this in Survey123 Connect? If so then I suspect you could do an uninstall and reinstall of the Desktop app, and redownload the survey form from the published version.

Hope that helps,

David

KeeganBuckley
New Contributor II

Hi David, 

No, I am in the online version. Also (I forgot to mention in my post) I have this survey connected to a SharePoint Power Automate workflow so I am trying (if possible) not to mess with the workflow. I am thinking the easiest thing might be to recreate the field (with a slightly different name) and just save the old data. Let me know if you have a work around or what you think about just recreating! Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Hey Keegan,

Yes that sounds like a good idea to me. Provided you keep a backup copy of the data then it should be fine to recreate the field and then resave this. 

With web I don't think you can restore from the published version of a survey so it is handy to check the following documentation to check if planned changes can lead to any loss in data. 

Please give me a shout if you encounter any further issues,

David

0 Kudos
KeeganBuckley
New Contributor II

Wonderful, thank you for the information and for your quick response and support- Have a nice day!

0 Kudos