Accessing a public survey inbox through the Survey123 app

Jump to solution
08-07-2017 11:27 AM
MickHuska_Jr__ALLETE_
New Contributor III

Can the inbox be viewed without logging into ArcGIS online?

When sharing a public survey (the URL under the collaborate tab) the user bypasses the esri login screen and downloads the survey in the app. Once the survey is downloaded, the inbox icon appears (as configured in survey123 connect) however, no survey results are visible. If the refresh button is selected, the app prompts a login to ArcGIS online. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks,

-Mick 

34 Replies
MickHuska_Jr__ALLETE_
New Contributor III

I experience the same behavior as well, with the latest version of Survey123 on iOS and Windows 10.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi James,

My apologies, in jumping into the conversation mid-stream, I missed that this was a survey being used in an anonymous mode.  Currently, you are correct that the survey update workflow in this situation requires a delete/redownload.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nicolas/James,

Just letting you know we have been working on public survey update notifications in the latest Survey123 RC builds available on the Early Adopter Community (EAC). The new feature will now alert the user in the field app when an updated survey is available. A notification banner will be displayed at the top of the gallery page, as well as a new update surveys page to bulk download updated surveys and the user will also be alerted when trying to open a survey that has an update. This enables the user to do an update of the survey before proceeding to collect a new survey record.

Please test out the latest 3.9 RC2 builds and provide any feedback via the EAC user forums for this new feature. You can find the 3.9 RC2 announcement with details on EAC.

Regards,

Phil.

MickHuska_Jr__ALLETE_
New Contributor III

Hi Philip,

Will this include update notifications for non-public surveys as well?

Thanks,

Mick

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mick,

Yes, update notifications for non-public surveys have been available in the beta and RC builds on EAC for the past few weeks.

Phil.

0 Kudos