Accessing a public survey inbox through the Survey123 app

Jump to solution
08-07-2017 11:27 AM
MickHuska_Jr__ALLETE_
New Contributor III

Can the inbox be viewed without logging into ArcGIS online?

When sharing a public survey (the URL under the collaborate tab) the user bypasses the esri login screen and downloads the survey in the app. Once the survey is downloaded, the inbox icon appears (as configured in survey123 connect) however, no survey results are visible. If the refresh button is selected, the app prompts a login to ArcGIS online. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks,

-Mick 

34 Replies
willpklein
New Contributor

Hi - 

With this release, should the public be able to use inbox without signing in at all? I.e. if they open the app and click 'continue without signing in', should they be able to see assignments in the inbox? We are having trouble getting this to work - is there a setting on our side needed to do this?

Thanks!

-will

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @willpklein,

Yes this should work if the Inbox is enabled and also the survey has been shared publicly. They will need to have downloaded the survey on the device, and then refresh the Inbox.

What part is not working? Do you see the Inbox on the survey info page? What happens when you press refresh?

Can you capture a log file (through the Settings -> Diagnostic logs menu) and a screen recording, do you see any error messages?

Regards,

Phil.

willpklein
New Contributor

Thanks Philip! The survey shows up in the app and then when we click on inbox, and then click 'refresh' in the inbox, we get a code 400 error. Attached is the error log if you have a chance to help us understand, much appreciated!

0 Kudos
KirstenMickow
New Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User,

(Will's colleague here) We also made sure the survey is public and the feature service allows editing as well: https://services.arcgis.com/BvefdV6XvRo2Jt72/arcgis/rest/services/survey123_d530a9cfe31f4731ba78e25e5bf6b715_fieldworker/FeatureServer/0 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @KirstenMickow  @willpklein,

Looking at the log file the error is:

"code": 400,
"details": [
"This operation is not supported."
],
"message": ""

It sounds as though there is an issue with the feature service and possible sharing permissions or capabilities. Are you using a WHERE clause for filtering the Inbox?

It would probably be best to raise this with Esri Support, so an analyst can work with you directly and gather more information (logs, configurations, settings etc) to diagnose the problem further.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DanielDiaz1
New Contributor

Need a solution for a inbox access in public survey.

0 Kudos
MelissaPrindiville
New Contributor III

I have this request as well.  Any ETA on potential solutions?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Melissa,

We currently do not have an ETA for implementing this. Would you mind discussing how this would help your ability to use it?  Feel free to message me directly or e-mail me at jtedrick AT esri.com

0 Kudos
JulienCHARBONNAUD
New Contributor III

Hi

I have the same problem

have you find something for that ?

thinks

Julien

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Julien,

Unfortunately, this is not possible with Survey123 for ArcGIS at this time.  

0 Kudos