Syncing Updated Domains in Survey123 Connect and AGOL

02-08-2019 09:28 AM
AndrewSouthern
Occasional Contributor

I noticed today that edits being made to a domain in Survey123 Connect are not being recognized in AGOL. So for instance, I added a few answers to a list for a select_one field and republished the survey without issue. Surveys using these newly available answers can be submitted also without issue. However, these new answers are not recognized as being part of the domain in AGOL. The coded value will appear in popups but if, for example, I attempt to edit a submitted survey in AGOL those newly created answers do not appear in the drop down. I have to manually add those answers to the domain in AGOL as well.

Not a huge problem with this particular case but it would be convenient if the domain in AGOL automatically updated when edits are made in Survey123 Connect and republished.

5 Comments
by Anonymous User

It would be VERY nice for the Survey123 web app to have the ability to update a S123 field's domain list, or better yet, have it tied to a feature layer field, that is continuously getting updated via a web app, so you don't have to enter it twice, less errors!

Most likely will have to publish after the survey's domain list has changed, is it possible to prompt the user to publish the survey after a field's domain list has been changed, maybe a setting at the field level?

And having the response "Other ____" for a field that has a domain, this entry could be automatically added to the domain list and survey published, or QC'd then publish later, options for that field?

KevinMacLeodCAI

Great idea Wendy! I wonder if this is awaiting implementation? I just started using Survey123. After figuring out how to use it with a feature service I was wondering why the domains were not showing up. This would be vital when there are fields with many domain values. 

IsmaelChivite
Status changed to: Under Consideration

IsmaelChivite
Status changed to: In Product Plan

Planned for release before end of 2022. "Have Survey123 Connect automatically update feature layer domains when lists are changed in XLSForm. When a new choice is added, add it to the domain. When a new choice is deleted, leave the domain untouched. When a label is changed, update the domain accordingly".

JamesTedrick
Status changed to: Implemented

Hi,

This has been implemented with Survey123 Connect 3.16. Please refer to the Survey123 documentation and the "What's new in Survey123 Connect" Esri Community blog post.