Survey 123: Draw On Photos

11-01-2018 06:33 AM
JohnMcEwen__GISP
New Contributor III

This idea post is one of several individual ideas that I had grouped together on this original post: https://community.esri.com/ideas/15660-survey-123-vs-gocanvas?commentID=66800#comment-66800. Even though Survey 123 Connect has many of these capabilities that can be "programmed", there are other applications that have web-based form design similar to the Survey 123 web designer but that are easier to use in terms building in capabilities that can only be built in using S123 Connect. Scott Prindle requested that I post each enhancement individually. These enhancement requests are based on my experience using a web app called GoCanvas* (GC) for damage assessments.

This should be easy enough, and I think it may be possible to enable this on S123 Connect, but not in web design. In GC, you can enable the user to draw on a photo in several different after capturing the photo. The designed can allow photos from gallery or camera or only one of those two. What GC is lacking in this capability is being able to configure photos capture with camera to have a time/date stamp on it plus identifying one or two other fields to stamp on the photo. Geographic coordinates are often required for our work. But being able to stamp like a applicant/ticket/case number from another field would be huge leg up. Our current workflow is to use a separate camera app that will TDS a photo, then add it from the gallery in GC. See screenshot below for designer options for photos in GC.

*GoCanvas is just what we use and is one of many similar field data collection platforms that, as far as I am concerned are easier to use than S123 Connect in a browser environment, automatically creates PDFs, integrates with cloud storage, and has email configuration options to automatically email specific people when a submission is complete.