Show an web image based on survey answers

06-28-2021 09:56 AM
Labels (1)
RyanBohan
Occasional Contributor III

It would be great to show a image based on survey answers.  For example if someone clicked an pizza, an image of a pizza could automatically load from a url link.  At some point I could see expanding this to pdf's from an aws bucket.  The use of an external link would be very useful to integrate with other systems in an easy to consume way.

The functionality appears to exist in the connect preview, however the functionality does not carry over to the web browser.  It would also be very useful in a dashboard or Exb.

Thank you for your consideration,  images below for reference

RyanBohan_3-1619797896709.png

RyanBohan_4-1619797995446.png

RyanBohan_0-1619797378323.png

2 Comments
GIS_Fox

Currently you can do something similar by using the Set Rule option in the Design tab to open a note based on an answer, having in that note a web link, image, or both. However, I really like the idea of having the image as the link as I think I understand this is what you are describing.

RyanBohan

The reason I am looking for a link is then it can more dynamic.  We could have an amazon s3 bucket holding thousands of records, being updated by another process or system.  Being able to easy show them in a survey123 would be greatly useful.

For example a user could click on a point for streetlights, launching an survey123 to edit the approval of a new 5G installation.  The survey could walk the user through the approval process, and contain a url link for images or even an pdf as-built for more details on that location.