(Implemented) Set default photo name in Survey123 Connect/web designer

05-10-2018 04:53 PM
JamesWilson2
New Contributor III

use Default or Calculate field in Survey123 Connect to set a default filename for images captured in the survey123 field app. Rather than the what is set by survey123 (a garbled mess that you can't easily sort back in the office after exporting from the geodatabase) you could use a calculation such as concat(${question1},format-date(${WSDateTime},'%Y%m%d%H%M',".jpg")

26 Comments
RheannaNeidinger

Yes this would be an extremely helpful addition to S123!

by Anonymous User

Agreed, this would be super useful for sorting back in the office and easily be able to identify photos

LizzyNorris

Yes, this would be very helpful in Survey123! Have been waiting for this enhancement for a long time!

novakc
by

Yes, I have the details displayed in a dashboard and "surveyImage_20210823094759.jpg" looks awful, it would be nice to set the image name.

CoreyMosen

Has there been any progress on this request yet? It would be great to be able to have an image name that included more useful information other than the date it was taken. 

BrandonA_CDPH

I want to throw my support behind this as well, for what it's worth. We currently download a set of responses, then use a custom python script to extract and rename the photos. The issue is that this requires users to use ArcGIS Pro (which is intimidating to many non-GIS users) and requires the advanced license (which is more expensive, so only limited staff have one). If there were a way to automatically set a custom name - especially with a field reference calculation - it woudl be a game changer for our workflow!

IsmaelChivite
Status changed to: In Product Plan

Thanks all for your suggestions and comments. This idea is now part of the product plan. We are actively working to implement this.

IsmaelChivite
Status changed to: Under Consideration

IsmaelChivite
Status changed to: In Product Plan

IsmaelChivite