Replace the plus (+) sign to read as “Add Person” or a different label

12-27-2022 05:58 PM
JohnLeon
New Contributor III

Can the plus (+) sign be labeled as “Add Person” or a different label?

Tags (1)
2 Comments
DougBrowning

It would be nice to have some control over it.  Esp with nest repeats it can be confusing which is which.

Adding some HTML color and icons helped a bit.

DougBrowning_0-1672238564267.png

<font size="4" color="red"><b><p align="center">&#128314;&#128314;&#128314;Thalweg Repeat&#128314;&#128314;&#128314;</p></b></font>

<font size="3" color="red"><p align="center">&#8595;Transect Repeat Bar&#8595;</p></font>

This year we are also going to use Background color to try and help that.

ThomasM

This functionality would be helpful for both adding a repeat record and for customizing the checkmark for submitting a survey. Seems like the repeat customization would need to be in the xlsx and the submit button would be in the Form -> Style options (where you can already change the color of the checkmark).

EDIT: So I found out this morning that there is already a way to change the "Submit" button text using the XLSX form. It's explained in this article, but the basics are to use a "Note" question type with a specific name ("generated_note_form_submit_text" for the Submit button) to make changes to different parts of the survey UI. I still don't see a way to change the "+" button text for repeat tables, which would be very nice, but figured I should update my comment to reflect that part of my ask is already available.