Printing images or maps in a summary section

02-28-2022 08:37 AM
Labels (1)
AngelRomoSandoval
Occasional Contributor

I would like to be able to printing images or maps in a summary section, something like this:

$<$summary>

${#SurveyName}${FotoAttachment}${/}

$</>

18 Comments
ZhifangWang

@AngelRomoSandoval ,

Printing images and maps in a summary section--only outside a repeat iteration--is supported in the February 2022 update. Due to performance consideration (it is unpredictable for how many maps/images will be included), it is a known limitation that you cannot print images/maps inside a repeat of a summary section. Please see the note in the doc and previous blog Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Summary sections in reports (Other considerations and tips). 

Can you please share:

• How would you like to use maps and images in your summary report?
  • How many maps/images typically will be included in your summary report?

Thanks,
Zhifang

ZhifangWang
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

AngelRomoSandoval

Hello, I would like simply to include a photo or a map. On January, I do not why it worked, but since a couple of days does not work anymore.

$<$summary>

ELEMENTPHOTO
${#Survey}${Element}${Photo | size:0:0:0:200}${/}  

$</>

We have more or less 20 items per Survey.

ZhifangWang
Status changed to: Open

ZhifangWang

There is an enhancement ENH-000147410 (Survey123 Reports could be enhanced by allowing for the printing of maps and images within an iterator or repeat section.) created for this. Please reach out to Esri Support Service for this to prioritize this work.

EmilynMabini

Hi Esri Support Service,

Please prioritize this enhancement ENH-000147410 (Survey123 Reports could be enhanced by allowing for the printing of maps and images within an iterator or repeat section.)  as it has previously worked.  We are using this functionality for our Disaster Situational Report App however it is currently unavailable.Thank you. 

ZhifangWang

Hi All,

The summary report is designed to print aggregated results such as attributes statistics or map with multiple geometries. It is not intended to be used as a workaround for printing multiple individual reports. As current feedback we received for ENH-000147410 are trying to print multiple individual records in a summary report, it is closed as "Will Not Be Addressed".

If your summary report template requires printing images/maps inside an iteration and cannot be done by individual report templates, please share your template here or raise a new enhancement to Esri Support Service with detailed justification.

ZhifangWang
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

EmilynMabini

Hi Esri Support Service,

I've included our sample Report Template and its results, which previously worked perfectly but is now unavailable. We intended to produce a report that would present a summary of photos taken during a disaster inside an iteration (related tables).

Error: An error occurred when checking the report template. Failed to parse ${Photo_Attachment1 | size: 400:0} since printing a map/image or accessing attachment binary is not allowed when iterating records inside a summary section.

Report Template:Executive_Summary_Template-Live.docx

Output: DiSiRe_version_2.0_for_Training_7_records_20210827013428.docx

Thank you. 

SaWaRise

Yes I too have a report that is no longer functional from the February 2022 update.  I had signatures, which are stored a pictures likely small pictures, in a survey that  that can no longer be used to generate a training tracking report.  Restore the functionality to allow signatures "pictures" in summary reports.