Printing a Blank Report

11-02-2021 02:59 PM
Labels (2)
UtanaDye
New Contributor II

I use Survey123 as a way to produce online forms for our City.  I have had many of our departments wanting to use more surveys.  The only problem is that when I need a blank form in a paper copy from the survey,  I can't print a blank form.  I have not found a way to do this unless I go into word, or excel and recreate the form from scratch.  I really don't want to do this.  I think by having a template or function that will allow you to print a blank form would be great and beneficial to several that have to print a form for a non-computer user.   There could be a print button either in Survey123 Connect or Survey123.  

Thanks.

5 Comments
GIS_Fox

Depending on how your survey is set up, text boxes and the report format may be able to take just empty space bar spaces, but I can understand how this would be difficult going through to other question types. I have made blank surveys manually as you said in word based off of my custom report word doc I load in for the reports out of Survey123. It would a quick, efficient method of handing out the survey especially in poor internet access fields or for quick on the fly data collection, just printing off a dozen or so blanks for field workers or staff to fill in and turn in later. I like the idea of taking the paper form and bringing it back into your Survey at a later time if you need to take that time or perform QA/QC on the survey itself. Many people, myself included, are ok with paper in some places still and have used both paper and digital successfully. All around I agree @UtanaDye and look forwards to the discussion as it continues.

Cheers! 🙂 

Chris_976

Hello @UtanaDye, is it possible for you to submit an empty record in your survey ? You could then use that blank filled answer to print a blank survey right ?

Cheers!

UtanaDye

@Chris_976 

I would have to go through and remove all the questions that I have as required.  Then publish it again and see if I can submit a blank one.  I would have to do that every time I want to print more.   Good suggestion but would not work in my case.

Thanks.

Chris_976

@UtanaDye, I think I went too fast suggesting a workaround.

I meant that you could try to use the 'Report' functionality

ChristopheAgnes_1-1636107183981.png

(in the Data section of your Survey123 web siteChristopheAgnes_0-1636107118792.png) on a blank record.

I tried to bypass the questions flagged as required by editing the feature service directly through the MapViewer. It seems to work fine that way and I can see a completely blank record in my data table.

I guess that the .docx output would need a little clean up but that would be less tedious than having to rewrite all of your questions. Hope that those precisions could be of any help !

Cheers

DougBrowning

I have this issue now too.  We need others standing there just to see the form.  A report has a different format.

Edit after digging into it my forms are way too dynamic to print.  Maybe if your form is super simple but most now are not.