Have an "Ignore Validation" option in Form Preview

07-14-2021 01:44 PM
Labels (2)
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When I am designing a form, I often want to fast-forwarded to the preview of the submitted values:

jcarlson_0-1626295134829.png

When I'm developing a form, this window is really important. But if the form in question is quite big and has many required fields, it can cost me a lot of time having to go through the entire form to perhaps check a single question.

You might say: just clear the "required" field on the XLS form! But no! Many of my values in "required" are expressions, not simply "yes". I don't want to keep track of where to keep those expressions or delete and re-write them.

What I would love is to be able to preview the submitted data values without the form being fully completed, similar to what you see in, say, Qualtrics. Maybe the popup window could include a message like "data values do not meet form validation", but still show me what the potential values are.

3 Comments
Terry_Iffland

Could you set up a record in your test database and read that when the form opens? It would then open with the fields pre-populated, and you could jump to the question you want to test. You'd have to go through the process of completing your form once, but after that you'll have a good starting point.

jcarlson

@Terry_IfflandI'm often trying to do some of these tests before the survey is even published so that I don't need to worry about the schema being locked in. But good idea!

Hussam_AlJabri

You might need to set a defult records to go over the validation.