Export & Email features on Survey123 mobile app

04-05-2017 10:28 AM
RenatoSalvaleon
Occasional Contributor III

From the Survey Sent list of the mobile app, as a user, I'd like to touch and hold any sent survey in the list and be able to email or export the survey as a PDF. This can be done in the Survey123 web site already but it would be nice to be able to do this on site with the app.

15 Comments
JohnStowell

dave ostranderICF Admin

Not sure if you achieved the whole emailing recipients with an attached copy of the survey report, but here's a script I created for automating Survey123 report creation (based on a report template) and emailing a copy of it to the survey recipient as an email attachment. 

I don't think there is much out there to automate this process currently as reports are still in beta(?). Apart from webhooks obviously, but these didn't really fit our requirements for emailing a copy of the data in a report remplate.

GitHub - nzjs/Automated-Survey123-Reports: A tool to automate Survey123 Report creation & emailing s... 

DoriBroglino

Thanks. This looks really helpful!

daveostrander

Thanks John! I did go the webhooks route. The python script you created looks really impressive, though! Webhooks works well for us, since we are most interested in the instant gratification aspect (i.e. the survey payload is converted to PDF and then immediately emailed at submission time).

BlytheSpendlove2

I had a request only the other week for a user to be able to download and save survey results, so that they could save the file in a SharePoint or other site for historical record and also be able to go over the survey results with their employees. This survey is one where employees are being checked for proper safety compliance. If they are out of compliance, it is important for the managers to be able to go over the survey results with their employee, and many managers also want to keep a file on hand of the survey results (not connected to any map).

Currently I believe we are going to have to talk to our IT department and see if they can code a custom feature where the a survey result can be exported to a report template since we cannot generate reports from the field app of Survey123... (We are using ArcGIS Enterprise, NOT Portal)

Thomas Edghill

BlytheSpendlove2

Thomas Edghill  Is there an enhancement request number for any sort of report functionality that works with ArcGIS Enterprise, that I can ask my boss to add our account name to? (I believe that is a thing...)