Minor Update to Survey123 available

05-04-2017 11:54 AM
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor
4 9 1,259

As anticipated last week, this minor update of the Survey123 field app and Survey123 Connect is made available to address localization issues in non-english devices.

Issues addressed:

• Removal of unexpected text from the User Interface in Survey123 Connect and Survey123 field app in Russian and Vietnamese.
  • BUG-000103550: Allow use of decimal comma when manually typing the coordinates on the location page in Dutch and Spanish.

All downloads available from: Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

With this update, the version of the Survey123  field app is 2.0.41 and Survey123 Connect is 2.0.56.

Coinciding with this update, a new video-tutorial on Web Designer has been added to our Survey123 YouTube Playlist.

The 2.1 release is planned to be made available in late May. Features in 2.1 will also be made available for early testing through our Survey123 for ArcGIS Beta Program.

Tags (2)
9 Comments
AmnatKhamsiriwatchara
New Contributor II

Dear Ismael,

I upgraded to Survey 123 for ArcGIS to version 2 since April, and had to make survey in T้้hai language.  The Survey 123 can not display Thai properly.  This was happened for only Windows version in both Windows 7 and Windows 10.  Even though I tried to change locale to Thai, and it still won't display correctly.  The previous version that I used to create questionnaire did not have this problem but after upgrade it seems not to work as previous version.  Would you be able to guide me where should I configure to solve this issue?  

Best Regards,

Amnat

AmnatKhamsiriwatchara
New Contributor II

Dear Ismael,

Survey 123 Connect for ArcGIS version 1.10.43 was the previous version that I used.  In both windows environment (windows 7 or windows 10), It can display Thai language correctly without setting any locale.  I can type Thai language in the label column, and it can display without any errors.  Please kindly let me know, how should I fix this.

Best Regards,

Amnat

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi!  Well, from time to time we  break things, so it could  very well be  the case that we  broke your survey. If you do not mind, please share your survey so we can have a look (simply attach the XLSFile to this thread). We  will test it with 2.1, which we plan on releasing in the  next 24  hours. If 2.1 does not do the trick, we will need to wait until late July for the next  update.

AmnatKhamsiriwatchara
New Contributor II

Dear Ismael,

Here is a sample attached file. It is simply one field with Thai label name. If you view questionnaire from two different versions. You will see that their alignments of vowel and tonal marks are different. The correct version will be version 1 while version 2 is wrong. It seems like version 2 did not support locale of Thai language.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best Regards,

Amnat Khamsiriwatchara

Chief of Logistics and Operations

Center of Excellence for Biomedical and Public Health Informatics (BIOPHICS)

Email:amnatk@biophics.org Tel: 662<Tel:662> 354 9181 ext 418

AmnatKhamsiriwatchara
New Contributor II

Hopefully, you will get it fixed by version 2.1 release. Please kindly let me know.

Amnat

AdministratorAGOL_ODIMM
New Contributor III

I need help!

Where can I download Survey123 Connect 2.0.56 ? I search a old version because newest 2.1.9 have some bugs.

Thank you in advanced. 

AmnatKhamsiriwatchara
New Contributor II

The new release version 2.2.14 is still have problem with Thai font display.  I still wish that the Thai locale language issue get fixed by the next release of in both survey 123 connect and survey 123 field app in late July.  

Best regards,

Amnat

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Igor. Only the latest downloads are available from Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  We just released 2.2. If you find problems, please describe them specifically so we can address them.

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Amnat. Thanks for your note. The Tai font display issue has its root in an upgrade of the Qt framework that we introduced in version 2.0.  We are actively working with the Qt company to get a fix. As soon as we get a fix from The Qt Company we will introduce it in Survey123 app. Thanks for your patience.