Critical Update to Survey123 available (1.10.25)

01-12-2017 11:18 AM
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor
8 14 3,365

A critical update to the Survey123 field app is now available to address the following issues:

• BUG-000101764: This bug prevents version 1.10.23 of the Survey123 field app from submitting data to surveys published to Portal for ArcGIS if the survey had no repeats.
  • BUG-000102016: This bug prevents version 1.10.23 of the Survey123 field app from submitting data to surveys with repeats published with Survey123 Connect 1.9 and prior.

Thanks to all of you that took the time to report the issues via GeoNet and Esri Tech Support, help us narrow down the problems and even test the fixes.

This update increases the build number of the Survey123 field app to 1.10.25 and is available across the following platforms:

Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS and the Survey123 web site are not affected by this update.  

The source code of Survey123 for ArcGIS included with Appstudio for ArcGIS has been updated to match 1.10.25 and  made available.

Tags (2)
14 Comments
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

DeveloperWNZ
New Contributor II

That's great news! Thank you

WillAllender3
New Contributor II

Ismael, thank you for the bug fix for BUG-000101764. This worked and mostly allows us to upload surveys to our Portal, which were hanging in the 10.1.23 version of the field app.

However, in testing this, it still hangs whenever a geopoint field is included with the survey.  I know that geopoint fields are not required, and a survey will always capture the location of the field device.  But we have people who would like to specify a different location from where they are standing.

This error can be replicated using both the iOS app and the Windows app.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Will. Sorry to hear about the problem with geopoints. We need to look at this issue in more detail because our initial  testing shows no issues with geopoint in Portal.  If you do not mind, please post your XLSForm so we can have a look. If your XLSForm contains confidential information, please open a Tech Support incident.  Also some additional details we will need: Version of Portal for ArcGIS in use?  Version you used to publish the survey to Portal (if you remember)? And just to be sure although I imagine it is 1.10.25, what is the version  (build number) of the Survey123 app?

WillAllender3
New Contributor II

Thanks Ismael.  No proprietary information here.  We started with the most basic form and added a nondescript geopoint field.  Portal is 10.4.1, Survey123Connect is 1.10.43 and Survey123 (iOS) is 1.10.25.  I was about to build 2 forms for you, one with and one without geopoint, but I am now finding that both cases fail to upload from the mobile device, so we are back to the original error we had with 1.10.23.

We will re-open our support ticket from last week.  It must something about our specific environment.  Our case was #01872401

Thanks,

Will

AndreDu_Preez1
New Contributor

Thanks for the fixed but the problem still exists. We experience the same problem now, it was working this morning while testing a project with a few reports and all worked, but this afternoon "send error code 500"  Survey123 version 1.10.25. Hope we can get it sorted

Thanks

André

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andre,

Could you please file a support request?  Did you update the application between the morning and the afternoon?  If not, it sounds like different error than what was fixed.

AndreDu_Preez1
New Contributor

Hi James

Thanks will file a support request if they did not already. No no updates

were done. It sounds like the same problem as the other user has

Thanks for the response

Andre

CraigCarsley
Occasional Contributor II

I think there's a new bug with the latest update of Survey123.  Our Fire Department updated all stations to the latest version of Survey123 yesterday, and many are now having trouble submitting surveys.  They get stuck at the "Getting Service Info" dialog. 

This behavior is not uniform across all devices or all surveys; it's sporadic. 

Eager for a response; Survey123 has become a critical piece of software for us.  We need it to work ASAP.

JamesTedrick

Hi Craig,

It's often hard to diagnose sporadic errors such as these.  The best route would be to file a Technical Support request; as part of it they will likely ask you to engage diagnostic logging (link to instructions) to try to record what is happening when you have a hanging submission.

PatrickKleeman
New Contributor III

I have an employee that completed two surveys offline, and when she brought her device out of airplane mode to upload the surveys the Survey123 app updated with this critical update and her surveys were wiped.  Folks who collect data offline might want to turn off the option for automatic updates so that this doesn't happen to them too.

JamesTedrick

The data may not be deleted- there is a known issue with installation of new versions of Survey123 on iOS.  Going to the 'Settings' page and clicking on 'Fix Database' (as documented at Quick reference—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ) should restore the database.

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi pkleeman‌   Please have the user do the following.  1) Open Survey123 and go to Settings (top right corner menu) 2) Go to Advanced and select Fix Database  3) Go back to the Survey gallery, select your survey 4) Go into the Outbox  folder and your previously captured data should appear.

PatrickKleeman
New Contributor III

Thank you James and Ismael for the instantaneous responses!  Your replies will be very helpful if this occurs again in the future.  I will have people collecting data offline for days in the backcountry this summer, and the thought of something similar happening gave me a twinge of concern, but I think having automatic updates off and this option to fix the database should take care of it.

Best,

Patrick