Youtube videos in storymap not loading

Jump to solution
02-21-2021 06:34 AM
MehelleProject
New Contributor

Hello!

I recently made a story map using both regular and 360 videos from my youtube channel. While editing it everything was working as intended; all videos were visible and interactive. After publishing however none of the videos are loading. I'm not getting a specific error, the video players are just showing up black. This goes for both 360 videos and regular ones. Even stranger, if I go back into edit mode I can't get the video player to recognize any youtube links, both if I try to replace the links in the players currently in the tour, and if I try to add in a new player. This goes for both re-adding links to videos that were in the original tour, and ones that were not that I tried just to experiment. When I try to add in the youtube link I get an error saying its not a recognized URL. 

Has anyone else had this issue and does anyone know what may solve it? 

Other factors that may be contributing:

I'm using Chrome. This wasn't an issue when setting up the storymap, but maybe it has issues displaying it?

The videos I have linked are unlisted on youtube. Again, no problem during the set up, but maybe the public storymap doesn't want to show unlisted videos?

Here is a link to the storymap.

Thank you!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MehelleProject
New Contributor

Thanks @JayantaPoddar I checked on some other machines and its working fine. Turns out a Chrome extension was blocking the vids on my main comp haha. For anyone with a similar problem in the future make sure you double check your extensions!

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I can see the embedded YouTube videos in your storymap. All of them are playing just fine.

Working on Google Chrome.

Could you check the storymap from a different machine/ Network?

Think Location
MehelleProject
New Contributor

Thanks @JayantaPoddar I checked on some other machines and its working fine. Turns out a Chrome extension was blocking the vids on my main comp haha. For anyone with a similar problem in the future make sure you double check your extensions!

Thank you!

0 Kudos