Videos in Story Maps

Jump to solution
07-25-2019 09:39 AM
HannahHutchins1
New Contributor II

Is there information out there on video file size that an Esri Story Map can hold? Additionally, are there specific video file types that Story Maps only accept? I'm working with a .mov file and curious if it can be uploaded.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Hannah -- We're in the process of updating the ArcGIS StoryMaps documentation to include this information, but the file size limit for uploading videos is 50MB and currently only MP4 videos are supported.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Hannah -- We're in the process of updating the ArcGIS StoryMaps documentation to include this information, but the file size limit for uploading videos is 50MB and currently only MP4 videos are supported.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
AllanOuko
New Contributor

I am having issues adding MP4 video files that are well below 50MBs to my Story Map. Nothing happens after selecting and clicking on "Add" Kindly help.

See the image below.

AllanOuko_0-1678311648459.png

0 Kudos
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hello @AllanOuko

Is this issue occurring with all mp4 files, or one in particular? As a first troubleshooting step, I'd recommend attempting this upload with different mp4s in a few different browsers, like Chrome, Firefox, etc. I would also recommend reaching out to Esri Technical Support to dive into this issue further with an analyst.

Best,

Abby

0 Kudos
AllanOuko
New Contributor

Hello,

I was using Mozilla when I had issues, but I shifted to Chrome and it worked well. I have been able to add 10 MP4 videos, all between 30-49Mbs.

Thank you,

0 Kudos