Unenabled Pop-Ups in ArcGIS StoryMaps are still Popping Up

Jump to solution
03-12-2020 11:46 AM
KateBerg2
New Contributor III

I don't want any pop-ups on my maps in the ArcGIS StoryMaps Sidecar, so I've un-enabled them on all my layers on my Webmap (right picture below). However, when I click on the layer in the Sidecar, a pop-up still opens! What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kate -- Sorry you ran into this. We are aware of this issue and plan to address it in our upcoming release in a few weeks.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

9 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kate -- Sorry you ran into this. We are aware of this issue and plan to address it in our upcoming release in a few weeks.

Owen Evans
KateBerg2
New Contributor III

Sounds good. Thanks, Owen!

0 Kudos
KateBerg2
New Contributor III

I still see this as an issue, Owen. Is there plans for a future release fixing this?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Kate -- We fixed the issue we were aware of in our April release. Can you share the map you are having trouble with? Perhaps there is another similar issue or case that we're not aware of.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
KateBerg2
New Contributor III

Hi Owen. I cannot share the map yet. We're hoping to make it public in a month or so, but for now, here's what it looks like still (screenshots taken today). Bug is clearly not fixed.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kate Berg‌ -- I'm sorry, I believe I was mistaken that the fix for this issue was in our April release. It actually was just deployed last week on Jun 3 (right after we had this conversation). Please test again and let me know if you still see this. I just tested with some other web maps in which this issue was reported and they appear to be behaving as expected now.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
Boyang_Wang
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Owen,

I have a question in reverse: how do I turn on popup in Sidecar? I have popup enabled in Map Viewer, but it is not loaded in Sidecar. I am using StoryMap in Enterprise Portal.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@Boyang_Wang -- Pop-ups should be enabled in your story on any layers where they are enabled in the map. If you are seeing something different on you Enterprise portal, please contact Esri Support and they will be able to help you troubleshoot further.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
Boyang_Wang
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Owen,

I figured out that, if a set the symbology of a layer to no color in Map Viewer, the popup will still be enabled in Map Viewer, but not in StoryMaps Sidecar. I changed the symbology and this is now resolved. Perhaps this has something to do with the classic Map Viewer in my Enterprise Portal vs the new Map Viewer in StoryMaps?

Boyang

0 Kudos