Turn off Watermark In Story Map

Jump to solution
07-05-2019 09:57 AM
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Looking for advice on how to turn off the Story Map watermark at the bottom of the page.

Thanks

0 Kudos
17 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Joe -- At this time there are no plans to change this behavior. I'd encourage you to add your request to the ArcGIS Ideas site so that others can vote for it.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
AhmedHamido
New Contributor II

@OwenGeo Do you please now how can I remove this "draft" word from my storymap? I tried a lot but could nt find an option to remove it. Thanks a lot in advance! 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@AhmedHamido -- When you publish the story, the word "draft" will be replaced with the publication date. There are some additional configuration options for the date in the Story settings that let you hide it, if you like.

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 12.16.13 PM.jpg

Owen Evans
AhmedHamido
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot Owen for your quick response! I just wanted to replace the publishing date with another specific date but it is not possible to enter a specific date I believe.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Correct, the date field isn't editable right now.

If you want to control how the date looks on the cover you can elect to hide it in the story settings and then edit the author/byline field to include your name and a date, like this:

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 4.01.01 PM.jpg

Owen Evans
AhmedHamido
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot Owen, much appreciated! However, I fall into another very disappointing thing when I was showing the story map I created for my gf. For some reason now, the map is not showing up at all in the guided tour I created in the story map and even when I hit "Map options", it is like the map is disabled or something like that!! It was working totally fine just a week ago, so I really help you could explain that for me. I attached screenshots below.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@AhmedHamido -- I can't think of any reason why the basemap wouldn't load, but you can try clearing your browser cache or using an incognito window in case it's a browser issue. If that doesn't work, can you share your story publicly and share the link here? If you cannot share the link, please contact Esri Support and they can assist you further.

Owen Evans
AhmedHamido
New Contributor II

Thanks a million once more, Owen!! I tried it now from Edge and for some reason the map showed u actually! So you think the reason that disabled the map and did not show it up even in the "Map options" is Chrome browser cache?

0 Kudos