Trial account - Making a Portfolio with ArcGIS StoryMaps?

10-05-2021 08:57 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, I just started the 21 day free trial account.

I want to build a portfolio of the lessons I complete, but my understanding is that the free trial account will be deleted at the end of the 21 days.

What types of accounts do you need to access StoryMaps permanently?

Do you recommend StoryMaps for hosting a portfolio?

Thank you!

- Tee

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@Anonymous User -- Sounds like you might be a teacher, does your school have an ArcGIS Online organizational account? Perhaps @JosephKerski, who works with educators, can provide some good advice.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
MichellecTee
New Contributor

I am a student who will be starting her first semester of GIS classes in January 2022 at the University of Arizona. I'm working on getting a jump on learning the software and building a portfolio because I know if it's left until senior year it will be a nightmare.

I believe the esi student account will be activated in January when classes start, so after that I'll start using the StoryMaps.

In the meantime, I've just begun a bare-bones portfolio with Wordpress.

https://michellectee.wordpress.com/

And @JosephKerski What are your thoughts on wordpress as a portfolio platform?

Thank you very much again for your reply! : )

-Tee

0 Kudos
JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User  Thanks @OwenGeo    Michelle - how can I help?  Feel free to email me also on jkerski @ esri.com for information about our schools program and the personal license.   The trial is OK but it isn't the best solution for what you are seeking, I don't think.   Joseph 

0 Kudos
MichellecTee
New Contributor

Hello, Joseph. Thank you very much for your contact information! I'm having some problems with the 21 day trial, so I don't know if I'll be able to get back into the community forums later. I went into some more detail on that issue here.

You're right. I suspect that anything put in StoryMaps would be deleted at the end of the trial period. I'll wait to use StoryMaps once I have a student account in January when school starts.

I'll email if needed. Thank you very much again! I can be reached at michelletee@email.arizona.edu or michelle.c.tee@gmail.com 

0 Kudos