Select to view content in your preferred language

The embedded Web app is popping up at a different section of the StoryMap, where there's an embedded StoryMap Collection. See video.

Jump to solution
10-24-2023 04:08 PM
MonicaAlmeida1
New Contributor III

I have created a StoryMap and embedded a StoryMap Collection in one section. In a different section, I embedded a Web app that allows users to interact with multiple layers. However, when I navigate to the StoryMap Collection, the Web app embeds just pop up, as if the story is moving by itself. Any thoughts?

For reference, the StoryMap, StoryMap Collection  and Web app were created with ArcGIS Online, and two of the layers in the web app were published with ArcGIS Enterprise.

See video below:

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @MonicaAlmeida1 ,

This is due to the splash screen in the embedded content that is causing the story to jump to that embed. We are aware of this behavior and are looking for ways to resolve it, but ultimately this behavior happens if embedded anywhere, not just in ArcGIS StoryMaps.

The best way to resolve the would be to either turn off that application's splash widget to keep the story from scrolling to that app, or to add &disableSplashFocus=true parameter to the end of the URL so the web page doesn't automatically scroll to the app. Check out the ArcGIS Web AppBuilder documentation here for more info.

Let me know if either of those solutions work for you!

--Abby

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @MonicaAlmeida1 ,

This is due to the splash screen in the embedded content that is causing the story to jump to that embed. We are aware of this behavior and are looking for ways to resolve it, but ultimately this behavior happens if embedded anywhere, not just in ArcGIS StoryMaps.

The best way to resolve the would be to either turn off that application's splash widget to keep the story from scrolling to that app, or to add &disableSplashFocus=true parameter to the end of the URL so the web page doesn't automatically scroll to the app. Check out the ArcGIS Web AppBuilder documentation here for more info.

Let me know if either of those solutions work for you!

--Abby

0 Kudos
MonicaAlmeida1
New Contributor III

Thanks for your quick reply, @AbbyE_Esri !

The best solution to me seems to be add &disableSplashFocus=true parameter to the end of the URL. However, I am not sure how this works, how it affects the URL I share with people. Does it change just for me, in my browser,  or automagically changes the public link?  Does my question make sense?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos