Select to view content in your preferred language

Text background on sidecar slide different in mobile version

Jump to solution
07-06-2023 12:40 PM
Labels (2)
KBERG_EGLE
New Contributor III

I recently published this harmful algal bloom StoryMap and noticed differences between the desktop and mobile versions of the background of sidecar slide text changes. In the web version, I have a transparent/no background for the text and in the mobile version it's giving a white background. Is there a way to get rid of this background in the mobile version so it looks how I intended it to look in the web version? See attached pictures for what I'm referring to.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @KBERG_EGLE

This is behavior is by design. Originally, when planning for sidecars to be viewed in mobile devices, a decision was made to make all narrative text panels utilize a filled background. This was to compensate for the change in dimensions of the sidecar background media/map, which could overlap in a way that isn't noticeable when designing for desktop viewing and make the text unreadable. 

If this design isn't usable for you, and using sidecar over other story blocks is preferred, I would recommend submitting an idea on the ArcGIS Ideas page requesting the ability to customize the narrative panel transparency on mobile viewing.

--Abby

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @KBERG_EGLE

This is behavior is by design. Originally, when planning for sidecars to be viewed in mobile devices, a decision was made to make all narrative text panels utilize a filled background. This was to compensate for the change in dimensions of the sidecar background media/map, which could overlap in a way that isn't noticeable when designing for desktop viewing and make the text unreadable. 

If this design isn't usable for you, and using sidecar over other story blocks is preferred, I would recommend submitting an idea on the ArcGIS Ideas page requesting the ability to customize the narrative panel transparency on mobile viewing.

--Abby

0 Kudos