Symbol used in a StoryMap

Jump to solution
06-10-2022 11:30 AM
ScottBerard
New Contributor II

Can anyone point me to the symbol used in this storymap: The Surprising State of Africa’s Giraffes (arcgis.com). At the bottom is a map entitled, "Ten great places to see giraffes in the (mostly) wild." I like the symbol they used but so far am unable to locate it in ArcMap. Thanks...

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
BilalMustafa
New Contributor III

i don't think that you will find it there. maybe its available in arc pro symbol styles or even a customized set.   

View solution in original post

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@ScottBerard -- That is just the standard symbol that's used when you create an express map in a story map. It's the unnumbered point symbol. When you add a map to your story, instead of selecting one of the web maps in your ArcGIS account, click the "New Express Map" button at the top right. When you add unnumbered points to the map, that's the symbol that will be used. I'm not sure whether it's available in ArcMap.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BilalMustafa
New Contributor III

i don't think that you will find it there. maybe its available in arc pro symbol styles or even a customized set.   

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@ScottBerard -- That is just the standard symbol that's used when you create an express map in a story map. It's the unnumbered point symbol. When you add a map to your story, instead of selecting one of the web maps in your ArcGIS account, click the "New Express Map" button at the top right. When you add unnumbered points to the map, that's the symbol that will be used. I'm not sure whether it's available in ArcMap.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps