Storymaps with lots of accesses. Best configurations?

Jump to solution
09-10-2020 04:32 PM
LMBaptista
Occasional Contributor

Hello.

I want to create a storymap with a survey123 and 4 or 5 configurable apps (editor) to create a big survey. This survey is expected to have more than 100 000 answers.

My question to the community is: What kind of things I must be aware configuring a storymap (and survey, and apps) for this keeps always on, smoothly and don’t brake with too much information?

Thanks in advance for all the inputs

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Luis -- One advantage of using a cloud-hosted system like ArcGIS Online is that for the most part you don't need to worry about those things since the system auto-scales to handle current traffic. You can read more about that here: ArcGIS Online | Cloud-Based GIS Mapping Software 

Because it's software-as-a-service (SaaS), ArcGIS Online can be used anytime, anywhere. Your maps scale so hundreds or even millions of people can interact with them at the same time. Esri takes care of software updates and maintenance so you are free to focus on your work.

There are some things you can read about in this blog post that may be helpful: Essential Configurations for Highly Scalable ArcGIS Online Web Applications (Viral Applications) 

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Luis -- One advantage of using a cloud-hosted system like ArcGIS Online is that for the most part you don't need to worry about those things since the system auto-scales to handle current traffic. You can read more about that here: ArcGIS Online | Cloud-Based GIS Mapping Software 

Because it's software-as-a-service (SaaS), ArcGIS Online can be used anytime, anywhere. Your maps scale so hundreds or even millions of people can interact with them at the same time. Esri takes care of software updates and maintenance so you are free to focus on your work.

There are some things you can read about in this blog post that may be helpful: Essential Configurations for Highly Scalable ArcGIS Online Web Applications (Viral Applications) 

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
LMBaptista
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, Owen. I know the first part but it's exactly that final blog post that answers my question.

Best regards