StoryMaps suddenly disappeared. How to recover lost StoryMaps?

Jump to solution
01-07-2023 09:38 AM
chgarfin
New Contributor

I submitted this story map that I made in one of my classes last December, but as I checked it today, it seemed that my story map was deleted (it led me to the "there seems to be an issue" page). I'm not sure if it was indeed deleted though, since I do not remember me deleting it.

That said,  is there a way to recover lost story map? How should I recover it? I badly need it for my class so any piece of advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @chgarfin ,

If you are still seeing the story item appear in your content, but are unable to open it in the builder, you can try to recover the story by following the steps in this post.

If you are not seeing the item appear in your StoryMaps home page, then that item may have been accidentally deleted and is unrecoverable. 

To explore either of these options further, and if you are certain this item was not accidentally deleted, you can reach out to Esri Technical Support to open a case and request assistance troubleshooting this.

Best,

Abby

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @chgarfin ,

If you are still seeing the story item appear in your content, but are unable to open it in the builder, you can try to recover the story by following the steps in this post.

If you are not seeing the item appear in your StoryMaps home page, then that item may have been accidentally deleted and is unrecoverable. 

To explore either of these options further, and if you are certain this item was not accidentally deleted, you can reach out to Esri Technical Support to open a case and request assistance troubleshooting this.

Best,

Abby

0 Kudos