Storymaps Slideshow- Audio option?

Jump to solution
09-16-2020 10:08 AM
CindyHamfler3
New Contributor II

If I put a slideshow in my story map, I currently don't see an option to add audio.  Am I missing something or is this option only available in sidecar block?  Any plans to allow audio in slideshows in future? My slideshow was to highlight different animal species and an audio clip of what each animal sounds like would be so cool!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Cindy,

To answer your question, Audio can only currently be added in the body of the main story and in sidecar narrative panels. I'm unsure if this functionality is expected for an upcoming release, best practice now would be to add the audio using a sidecar for a similar format. If you're using a clip on a hosted audio service, you could also use the Embed tool to place the audio near the slideshow!

Check out the Add Audio section near the bottom of the documentation here for the most updated recommended workflow: Add media—ArcGIS StoryMaps | Documentation 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Cindy,

To answer your question, Audio can only currently be added in the body of the main story and in sidecar narrative panels. I'm unsure if this functionality is expected for an upcoming release, best practice now would be to add the audio using a sidecar for a similar format. If you're using a clip on a hosted audio service, you could also use the Embed tool to place the audio near the slideshow!

Check out the Add Audio section near the bottom of the documentation here for the most updated recommended workflow: Add media—ArcGIS StoryMaps | Documentation 

0 Kudos
CindyHamfler3
New Contributor II

Thank you Abby!  I'm glad I wasn't missing it.  I do think it would be a cool option in slideshow as well.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for the feedback Cindy! We've noted this suggestion and are tracking it for future consideration.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos