StoryMaps and the ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard

Jump to solution
04-15-2020 11:28 AM
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

Is there a specific service status line that StoryMaps falls under on the ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard?

I understand that issues with maps and layers hosted on ArcGIS Online, and used in a StoryMap, would likely be reflected in categories like ArcGIS Online, Hosted Feature Services, Hosted Tile Services, etc. I am wondering about the StoryMap itself specifically.

For instance, if users across our organization are beginning to experience frequent, "An unexpected error has occurred," messages, where should I look in the Dashboard for a hint that it might be bigger problem, and I know Esri is already working on it, versus something for which I need to open a Support Case?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Peter -- We are tracking an issue that can affect certain stories and are looking to push a patch for this in the next day or two. I apologize this has affected some of the people in your organization and we're working to resolve this soon.

The ArcGIS Health Dashboard reports the status of the main ArcGIS website and back-end services, but not issues related to specific apps.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Peter -- We are tracking an issue that can affect certain stories and are looking to push a patch for this in the next day or two. I apologize this has affected some of the people in your organization and we're working to resolve this soon.

The ArcGIS Health Dashboard reports the status of the main ArcGIS website and back-end services, but not issues related to specific apps.

Owen Evans
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

Perhaps you would consider adding StoryMaps to the health dashboard? It is nice to have one place to go when things aren't working right, to see if it is a large-scale issue or "just me".  Thanks!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Peter -- If there is an outage affecting the story maps website that will be posted to the dashboard (even though there isn't a specific category for it). Otherwise, any temporary issues with story maps are related to the back-end services that are already reported there.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos