Storymap opens but not for editing since 16 December 2020

01-18-2021 03:13 PM
jht17
by
New Contributor

A StoryMap created in November 2020 in my University organisation account (Edible Campus), and successfully edited on 15th Dec 2020 (New Zealand Daylight Savings Time), can now (18 Jan 2021) be opened but not Edited (or Configured). When I try (as admin) it returns https://storymaps.arcgis.com/error?errType=story-load. This appears to coincide with an update to StoryMaps in December 2020 (What's new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (December 2020)!

I found a couple of auto-saved StoryMap drafts dated 16th Dec which I could open for editing but these had little or no content so I deleted them in the hope they might be the problem – no change. I then re-shared all the content (a StroyMap, and StroyMap Theme, and a Web Map) with Everyone (public) but the error remains, and switched my browser from Firefox to Chrome but the error remains.

Any ideas or help will be much appreciated.

Regards, John (AGOL Admin at University of Canterbury, New Zealand)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VMitch
by
New Contributor III

Is the console showing any errors? 

jht17
by
New Contributor
Thanks for the suggestion - I hadn't looked. I'm using Firefox and I do get some warnings when I go to the users AGOL Content page and then open the StoryMap, but none when I click Edit.

My local Esri Help have suggested transferring the content to another user, which I'll try next.

Thanks, John

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@jht17 -- I'm sorry you are no longer able to open one of your stories in the builder. I'd recommend that you please contact Esri Technical Support and they will be able to help troubleshoot this specific issue.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos