Storymap isn't updated in collection

Jump to solution
01-14-2022 05:50 AM
QR
by
New Contributor

I created a collection using multiple storymaps. However if I edit my original Storymap it isn't updated in the collection. 
The only way to make sure the most recent version of the Storymap is available in my collection seems  to be to delete the old version and re add the storymap. As this method is quite time consuming, e.g. for every spelling error you need to delete and upload the storymap. Is there no easier way?  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @QR -- I'm not able to reproduce the issue you are describing. If you are editing the story in one tab and have the collection loaded in another tab of the same browser, it's possible you are just seeing a cached version of the story. You simply need to reload/force reload the tab to see the latest changes within the collection, but you do not need to remove and re-add the story to the collection for changes to a story be visible. (Also, just to confirm, you need to publish changes after editing a story to make sure they are visible in the collection.)

If you continue to see this issue, there must be something else going on with your story/collection, so please contact Esri Support and they will be able to assist you further.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @QR -- I'm not able to reproduce the issue you are describing. If you are editing the story in one tab and have the collection loaded in another tab of the same browser, it's possible you are just seeing a cached version of the story. You simply need to reload/force reload the tab to see the latest changes within the collection, but you do not need to remove and re-add the story to the collection for changes to a story be visible. (Also, just to confirm, you need to publish changes after editing a story to make sure they are visible in the collection.)

If you continue to see this issue, there must be something else going on with your story/collection, so please contact Esri Support and they will be able to assist you further.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

I've experienced the same issue quite a bit, but it has always been resolved by a quick clear-out of the cache (which is fine - but a bit annoying, as it then requires logging into AGOL again, etc.).

0 Kudos