Storymap and 3D map type

Jump to solution
05-22-2023 09:15 AM
Labels (2)
giannisfaraslis
New Contributor

In a story map I want to load a basemap with routes (vector data) but when i choose the option Mat Type - 3D the vector data disappears. Why? I would like to create a map tour with 3D scene.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @giannisfaraslis

At the moment, only point data is supported in creating a map tour. However, if you add point data to your 3D map tour and use the guided tour layout, you can then add progress lines to connect those points.

If you have more detailed lines to show in your vector data, another option would be using the Sidecar layout and adding that same map in multiple slides. You can then change the extent and focus of each slide so it moves between where you want to focus on your route.

--Abby

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @giannisfaraslis

At the moment, only point data is supported in creating a map tour. However, if you add point data to your 3D map tour and use the guided tour layout, you can then add progress lines to connect those points.

If you have more detailed lines to show in your vector data, another option would be using the Sidecar layout and adding that same map in multiple slides. You can then change the extent and focus of each slide so it moves between where you want to focus on your route.

--Abby