Select to view content in your preferred language

Story Maps not loading

Jump to solution
05-02-2023 11:32 AM
NancyMontes_de_Soto
New Contributor

I am getting a blank page when I am trying to open several of my story maps. I created the story maps long ago, and in the past I had seen a sad face sometimes, but this time I am getting a blank page. I refreshed the page several times and that worked some times but not others. I am using Google Chrome. But I also tried in Microsoft Edge and Firebox - same issue. They were working fine a couple of week ago. Any help?

Tags (1)
81 Replies
NicoleRogers
New Contributor

Hi-

Once again we are facing the same issue (I wrote in last week). This map has been up and active for months and over the past month we have had complaints about the site being down periodically. We have found the work around that if we make one text change within the StoryMap and republish, the site becomes active again. I just did that but would be nice not to have to worry about this every morning.  

Site is here: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/ac61e639102345a189381ab3a82c1d2e 

Appreciate any help! 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@NicoleRogers -- Thank you for reporting your issue. This morning, I opened about 3 dozen random public stories, briefings, and collections and all of them opened/loaded within a few seconds. We did look into this and saw a few anomalies in the system this morning and took corrective measures even though we couldn't reproduce an issue on our end. Are you still experiencing an issue?

Analyzing the information we have available we have identified some patterns that we can look into as we continue to search for a resolution.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos