Story Map Icons

Jump to solution
05-15-2023 11:45 PM
Labels (3)
RebekahPolette
New Contributor III

Hi All, 

I am creating a story map with an already configured web map and data points. I can add the map to the story map and retain the map settings (icon symbol) however to create a tour the only option is a default map and blue pins for the icon. Is there no way to create a tour from my existing map and keep the map icon settings? 

Cheers

Rebekah 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @RebekahPolette

At the moment, you can only change the color of the Map tour icon. If you are looking to use your own point style, and would like a layout similar to Map tour, I would recommend using the Sidecar Docked layout, and adding your map here. The icons will reflect their style from your ArcGIS Organization.

If changing a map tour icon is a customization you would like to see added in the future, I would recommend adding a post to the ArcGIS StoryMaps Ideas page to request this functionality get added to the product in a future release.

--Abby

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @RebekahPolette

At the moment, you can only change the color of the Map tour icon. If you are looking to use your own point style, and would like a layout similar to Map tour, I would recommend using the Sidecar Docked layout, and adding your map here. The icons will reflect their style from your ArcGIS Organization.

If changing a map tour icon is a customization you would like to see added in the future, I would recommend adding a post to the ArcGIS StoryMaps Ideas page to request this functionality get added to the product in a future release.

--Abby

0 Kudos