Story Map Collections

02-21-2021 09:30 AM
JohnWolf2
New Contributor III

Is it possible to remove the social media sharing icons from a Story Map Collection?  If so, where would I find this capability?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In Editing mode of Storymap, click on the three dots "..." > Click "Story Settings > Check the box under Display Settings, to hide the social sharing icons in your storymap. Promote a Story

Jayanta_Poddar_0-1613929556929.png

Jayanta_Poddar_1-1613929606015.png

Think Location
0 Kudos
JohnWolf2
New Contributor III

Thanks for the quick response.  I realize you can do that for Stories, but I don't seem to see the same option for collections.  

JohnWolf2_0-1613949402563.png

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@JohnWolf2  -- That's not available for collections just yet, but we plan to bring the story settings over to collections in the next few months. We're working on some under-the-hood changes for collections that we need to complete first.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
AGP
by
Occasional Contributor

Collections have few customization options right now.

Along with the 'Hide the social sharing icons' option we miss an option to hide the 'Get started' button and also to change the text in it. It uses the browser's language setting and it doesn't always match the collection language. It's confusing.

It would also be a good add to have some text formatting options and a higher character limit for the collection description. Some languages are really verbose, with text often being almost twice as long as in English, so you also have to be twice as brief.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@AGP -- Thanks for posting your feedback about collections. For the best results, please post your thoughts for new features and enhancements as individual messages on the ideas board so others can upvote and comment on specific requests.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps