Story Map Builder - Map Action Help

10-18-2021 03:31 PM
worro
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am using ArcGIS Pro for my project and am in the process of creating a story map in the new story map builder. I have embedded my map in the sidecar and cannot figure out how to add map actions. I am able to see the option when trying to add to the block, but am unable to click on it (map actions is grayed out 😕 ). Unsure how to change this, is this likely caused by the embedded map?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@worro -- Map actions are available as long as you've added a web map to the media panel of a sidecar using the "Map" option; it won't work if you use the "Embed" option since the story builder can't directly talk with the map if it's embedded. 

There's more info on using map actions in Supercharge your stories with map actions (esri.com).

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 7.29.30 PM.jpg

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
worro
by
New Contributor II

Ok that make sense, I kinda figured that was the issue. I'm trying to include a search bar for the user to find their address, which is why I was trying to embed the map instead. Is there a way to keep that search bar when using a web map? Or is there a way to keep the map in the same location every time the user moves down to the next section in my story. To clarify, I was using the map series builder using the tabbed format before. I was going to use the first tab as a parcel/address finder, and keep that location the user opened whenever they switched to the next tab(s). Is that something I could do?

Thank you again!!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@worro -- Sure, just go to the Options tab (the gear) and toggle on the Search widget. The search configuration options are inherited from the web map.

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 8.24.55 PM.jpg

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos