Story map app for ALL file type input

Jump to solution
12-21-2021 03:44 PM
JenMcRuer
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I am collecting all file types in survey123 Connect, and would like to share them in a storymap by integrating the feature layer.  I can see that using Map Tour >Guided> Media focused, I can display survey-submitted jpg files, but I would like to display .mov, .pdf, .docx. as well (as main feature).  Is there a way to do this in map tour or another Storymap app (including special layout apps?)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@JenMcRuer -- We are looking at adding support for video attachments in map tours in a future release, but have no plans at this time to support other types of attachments.

You can take a look at the Attachment Viewer instant app. I believe it currently supports photo, video, and PDF attachments.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@JenMcRuer -- We are looking at adding support for video attachments in map tours in a future release, but have no plans at this time to support other types of attachments.

You can take a look at the Attachment Viewer instant app. I believe it currently supports photo, video, and PDF attachments.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
JenMcRuer
Occasional Contributor

Hello @OwenGeo 

Hello.

I am using survey 123 connect to collect surveys including attachments (file types as outlined in attachment viewer instant app); and then using the attachment viewer using the feature layer map associated with survey to then... embed this in a storymap.

In both the viewer and the storymap embed I am able to see jpg attachments, but not videos (all files are less than 10MB). Editing is enabled, attachments are enabled. 

I've read through forums earlier in 2021 suggesting issues as well.

Your help is appreciated. 

Thank you.

Jen

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@JenMcRuer -- As mentioned above, video attachments are not supported in feature service map tours at this time, but we are considering it for the future.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
JenMcRuer
Occasional Contributor

@OwenGeo 

Thank you for your reply. 

As indicated, I am using the attachment viewer you recommended, in the stead of map tour. 

Jpgs are viewable. PDFs are viewable only in expanded embed window view (however 'open' prompt in mobile device app does not work at all), and videos display "attachment not available", yet when attachment viewer is set to show only submissions with an attachment, video "no attachment available" is still shown, this recognizing on some.level that there is an attachment. 

Looking for work arounds, please. 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry for my confusion! For help with the Attachment Viewer, please post on the Instant Apps Questions Board.

Owen Evans