Sharing private story maps outside of organization

Jump to solution
01-18-2022 04:44 AM
ANNEMARIEBROWNE
New Contributor

Hi there,

Can you share a story map to someone who is not signed up to arcgis. I'm aware that you share publicly for all to see or within an organization. If anyone knows how to share privately your help with the steps would be greatly appreciated

Thanks a mil 🙂 

Anne Marie 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @ANNEMARIEBROWNE -- That is not possible at this time. For someone without an ArcGIS account to be able to see a story, the story must be shared with everyone.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @ANNEMARIEBROWNE -- That is not possible at this time. For someone without an ArcGIS account to be able to see a story, the story must be shared with everyone.

Owen Evans
ANNEMARIEBROWNE
New Contributor

Thank you Owen.Is there a particular type of account that they are required to be set up on? Is it a general Arcgis account? 
Will the private option become available in the near future? 
Thanks 

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@ANNEMARIEBROWNE -- Any user type with view access to items in the organization is sufficient (this includes Viewer, Storyteller, Creator, and others). I'm not aware of any plans to implement a private/no-account option at this time.

Owen Evans
FourCornersMapping
New Contributor III

I have gotten around this by publishing to the organization and providing my login info to my clients which of course Esri tells you not to do! But as a consultant, I am usually set up with a guest account within my clients' AGOL organization, so technically they already have the info. 

0 Kudos
GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

Would the proposed, or possibly implemented, guest account logins for Enterprise work in this circumstance @OwenGeo ?

Thanks, 

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos