ReUse an Express Map in StoryMaps

Jump to solution
11-05-2021 10:04 AM
KateCostello
New Contributor II

Hello:

I made an express map without realizing I can't re-use it. The FAQ says to contact the StoryMaps team if we want to be able to do so with a specific map/story. I hope it's OK to post here- there doesn't seem to be a direct email address to send this to.

What I really want to do is use the map as part of the swipe feature. I'd go ahead and re-create it as a web-based map, but it has one million gadzillion drawn features in it and I am out of Bake Off and Ted Lasso episodes to have on in the backround as I work on this, so I'd rather not. I could use an image of the map in the swipe instead, but I'd prefer to have the real deal.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Thanks,

KAC

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@KateCostello -- As it happens, we're currently working on the ability to use express maps in a swipe. We're hoping to release this feature before the end of the year, so stay tuned!

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@KateCostello -- As it happens, we're currently working on the ability to use express maps in a swipe. We're hoping to release this feature before the end of the year, so stay tuned!

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
KateCostello
New Contributor II

Thanks, I will keep an eye out!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@KateCostello -- Express map swipe is being released tomorrow!

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
BlytheSpendlove
Occasional Contributor

@OwenGeo Am I correct in assuming though that there is no way to get the spatial data that was created in an express map and move it over into a real map that can be re-used in other applications?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Above question already answered on a separate thread.

Re: Is there a way to access the raw data in a Sto... - Esri Community

Owen Evans
0 Kudos