Repeated use of images

Jump to solution
07-10-2020 12:29 PM
MirandaRectenwald
New Contributor II

In StoryMaps is there a way to re-use image assets or do I need to browse and upload a new copy each time?  Example - I want to include a photo of John Smith in StoryMap1 and again in StoryMap2.  Right now I can only see the option to browse my computer or link to an online image.  Any help is appreciated #novice

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Miranda -- There isn't a way to reuse images across different stories right now. Although you can upload a photo to your ArcGIS content, share it with everyone, and then copy the URL and use it via the Link tab when you add an image. However, I wouldn't recommend that because when you link to an image the image is not optimized for different screen sizes.

We are thinking about the concept of a reusable media library for the future, but we don't currently have specific plans to share about that.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Miranda -- There isn't a way to reuse images across different stories right now. Although you can upload a photo to your ArcGIS content, share it with everyone, and then copy the URL and use it via the Link tab when you add an image. However, I wouldn't recommend that because when you link to an image the image is not optimized for different screen sizes.

We are thinking about the concept of a reusable media library for the future, but we don't currently have specific plans to share about that.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos